SEND information

"We all have different talents and God-given gifts, but they are all

important and can be used for God’s kingdom" James 1:17


"Provision for pupils with SEND is very well led and managed.Pupils with special educational needs and/ordisabilities (SEND) are very well supported.They make good progress from their individual starting points"  Ofsted 2018

"The school has high expectations for pupils achievement . This includes pupils with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND)." Ofsted 2023

"Staff are adept at identifying and assessing the additional needs of pupils with SEND.The content of the curriculum for pupils with SEND is ambitious. Pupils with SEND achieve as well as their peers." Ofsted 2023



I believe every child is nurtured uniquely, in a person-centred way, and if this means they have special educational need, KSJ is above and beyond to support”   Parent 2022


At Kingsley St John's, we pride ourself in our inclusive,community focused environment where everyone is welcomed and all our children are treated with respect and integrity. We are a school family ,where all God's children are valued. Our children build up positive,trusted relationships with staff and peers and are then encouraged and supported to become independent learners. We work hard in partnership with parents and other professionals to ensure our provision meets the needs of all our pupils ,enabling them to flourish and achieve their full potential, allowing them to 'believe in the light,whilst they have the light,so they may become children of light'

Our SEND information report for 2023-24 is available in the files section below.

This page is designed to support parents and children in understanding what we offer at Kingsley St John's.It also offers information on some types of special needs that you,as parents and carers,have asked for support on,and suggests other local agencies who can offer more support.

The local authority local offer can be reached using the following link;- 

There is also information on Cheshire West's Inclusion Matters straegy:,to%20excel%2C%20regardless%20of%20need


We hope current and prospective parents find the following information helpful. We encourage all interested parties to contact the school for more information

 Mrs Sam Gibson, SENDCo

 Mrs Rachel Jones, Headteacher :

 The school governor responsible for SEND is Ian Critchley :

  contact the school on:01244 738434



We are very proud to have completed the Autism Service Social Communication Programme and be recognised as an Autism Inclusive School

KSJ autism.jpg


What is a special need?

In England, the government defines special needs as:

A child has special educational needs if they have a learning problem or disability that make it more difficult for them to learn than most children their age. They may have problems with schoolwork, communication or behaviour.

'Special educational needs' is a legal definition and refers to children with learning problems or disabilities that make it harder for them to learn than most children the same age.

There are four main areas of Special Educational Need:

cognition and learning

communication and interaction

social emotional mental health

physical and sensory

What is the SEND Code of Practice?

The SEND code of practice is a statutory code containing:

details of legal requirements that you must follow without exception

statutory guidance that you must follow by law unless there’s a good reason not to

It explains the duties of local authorities, health bodies, schools and colleges to provide for those with special educational needs under part 3 of the Children and Families Act 2014.

The code, which applies to England, is for:

headteachers and principals

governing bodies

school and college staff

special educational needs (SEN) co-ordinators

early years providers

other education settings

local authorities

health and social services staff

What is Mental Health?


Who can I contact? Where can I go for more information or support?

  1. School: SENDCO -
  2. Your Doctor

  3. CAMHS support. Contact through the Local Offer:

Please see our padlet for signposting,resources and support for social,emotional mental health :


What is Autism?


Who can I contact? Where can I go for more information or support?

  1. School: SENDCO -

  2. Your Doctor

  3. CHaPs  -  
  4. West Cheshire Autism Hub -


What is ADHD?


Who can I contact? Where can I go for more information or support?

  1. School: SENDCO -

  2. Your Doctor

  3. The ADHD national support charity:


A guide for young people:

The ADHD Foundation have recently made available this free booklet resource for children and their parents. It helps enormously with the need to understand ADHD in themselves or their classmates.


 What is Dyslexia?



Who can I contact? Where can I go for more information or support?

  1. School: SENDCO -

  2. The dyslexia association

  3. British dyslexic association


Empowering parents booklet:


SENDIASS give free, confidential and impartial information relating to your child’s special educational needs. They provide information regarding parents’ rights and responsibilities, and sign post you to who you can talk to about your child.

Contact them by :


Web: Visit SENDIASS' website

Telephone: 0300 123 7001 – 9am to 3pm, Monday to Friday

Facebook: Find SENDIASS on Facebook

Follow the link for more information








Files to Download